Kiambu County Building Approval Process and Rates (Step By Step Guide).
Kiambu County Building Approval Process and Rates
Kiambu county building approval rates and process summarized here. Here is the steps;
A) Obtain a survey plan from Survey Kenya
You need to visit the Survey of Kenya offices in the Ministry of Land departments to obtain a survey plan. A survey plan from Survey of Kenya is a required document when applying for a building permit. This process takes one day to complete.
B) Submit the drawings online on County eDevelopment Application Management System
NOTE: The following documents are required here;
i. Architectural drawings
ii. A survey plan from Survey of Kenya;
iii. Ownership documents
iv. Up-to-date rates payment receipts.
v. Structural plans (for maisonette/commercial/apartments)
Check: Kiambu to approve house plans in five days, governor says
The Architect (registered in the county online portal) submits all the structural and architectural drawings for approved using an online platform eDevelopment Application Management System . These are the steps;
- Register with County self-service portal
- Submit the plans
- Pay for permit fees. The County Council will issue an invoice that must be paid, this can take up to 2-3 weeks to be obtained
- Obtain architectural plans approval notification
- Submit architectural plans for signing
- The drawings are reviewed by all relevant departments simultaneously. Once the structural and architectural drawings are approved and are signed by the planning officer.
- Obtain authenticated architectural plans and construction permit
10 STEPS TO OWNING A HOME IN KENYA
Building Plan Approval Fees
Building permit fee is based on the size of the building and done per square metres/fts . The fees includes:
- Building plan approval fee
- Construction sign board fee
- Application fee
- Inspection of building
- Occupation certificate
Also Check: Construction approval process; NEMA, NCA Approval
We can help you in the approval process. Talk to us today. Call/WhatsApp +254722888721HPD Consult . [email protected]