What Are The Parts Of Window Trim Called?

What Are The Parts Of Window Trim Called?

What Are The Parts Of Window Trim Called?

Knowing what the different parts of your window are called can help you avoid confusion. The following are some of the window parts below:

  1. Frame:

The framework that surrounds and supports the entire window system is known as a window frame. It is made up of the head, jamb, and sill.

  1. Head:

The head is the main horizontal part of the window frame that forms the top.

  1. Jambs:

Jambs are the main vertical components that make up the sides of a window frame.

  1. Sill:

A sill is the main horizontal part that forms the bottom of a window frame.

  1. Jambliner:

A jamb liner is a strip that is installed on the sides of a window frame to provide a snug fit for the window sash.

  1. Sash:

The sash is the moveable portion of a window that consists of the vertical and horizontal frames that hold the glass.

  1. Glass:

This is the framed sheet of glass contained within a window frame.

  1. Rail:

A rail is the horizontal component of a window sash, consisting of the lower rail and the check rail.

  1. Upper Railing:

The upper rail is the uppermost portion of the upper sash.

  1. Lift:

A lift is a handle used to raise the lower sash in a single- or double-hung window. It is most commonly found on wood windows.

  1. Locked Sash:

The sash lock is a locking mechanism that engages with the lock strike to reduce rattling on a single- or double-hung window.

  1. Clad in Aluminum:

The exterior wood parts of a window that are covered with extruded aluminum and have a factory-applied finish to deter the elements are referred to as aluminum clad.

  1. Casing:

The casing is the decorative molding or framing that wraps around a window to cover the gap between the window frame or jamb and the wall.

  1. Panel with Hinged Glass

On Lifestyle Series windows, the glass panel opens inward to allow access to our snap-in between-the-glass blinds, shades, and grilles.

  1. Handle for Locking:

A locking handle is a locking mechanism found on a window jamb.

  1. Operator:

The crank-operated device used to open and close casement or awning windows is known as the operator.

  1. Weather strip:

Weatherstripping is a resilient material strip used to cover the joint between the window sash and frame, reducing air leaks and preventing water from entering the structure.

  1. Panel Fixed:

A fixed panel is an inoperable window panel, such as the top sash of a single-hung window or the pane of glass in a picture window.

  1. Mullion:

The mullion is a large structural piece that runs vertically or horizontally and connects two or more windows.

  1. Grilles:

Grilles are decorative pieces that divide window panels visually, giving the illusion of multiple glass panes. Grilles on Pella windows can be permanently attached to the window via simulated divided light or between-the-glass options, or they can be removed as removable room-side grilles.

Related Posts

error: Content is protected !!