Building Plans Approval :A Complete Guide to County Approvals
Building Plans Approval
Approval of Building Plans is a process undertaken by the county government to ensure that buildings are constructed safely for human habitation and as per the Government’s planning control. There are 3 approvals done in Kenya: Namely:
- County Government Approvals
- NEMA Approvals
- Project Registration by National Construction Authority (NCA)
COUNTY GOVERNMENT APPROVAL REQUIREMENTS
Most counties like Kajiadocounty, Nairobi, Kiambu County, or the County Government of Machakos will need the following requirements for Building Plans Approval
- Authentic Ownership Documents (A copy of the Title Deed and the current official search from the lands office)
- At least five sets of building plans for the Architectural Drawings and the Structural Engineers Drawings
- Copies of the Architect and the Structural Engineer’s valid practicing Licenses.
- Land rates clearance
- Approval fee (determined by the drawing)
Upon submission of the above documents, the approval process begins should be 14-21 days to have the documents certified.
Building Plan Approval Fees
The building permit fee is based on the size of the building and is done per square meters/ft. The fees includes:
- Building plan approval fee
- Construction signboard fee
- Application fee
- Inspection of building
- Occupation certificate
Approval permits are usually for 2 years after which they will require to be renewed afresh. Same case for approving permits for change of user.
HPD Consult, [email protected]