Building Plans: How To Choose Building Plans
Building Plans:9 Steps To Choose Plans for your Dream Home
Whether you are building a new house or remodeling an older home, you’ll need a building plan to guide you through the project. Here are some tips to help you choose the best building plans for your needs.
9 Steps to choosing the right Building Plans
- Create a list of needs in your new home. Talk with your family. Discuss what each of you wants. What are your needs now and what will your family’s needs be in the future? Write it down.
- Look at how you live and where you spend most of your time in your house or apartment. Note areas/rooms that require much attention. Note down.
- Reflect on homes you have visited. What features did you especially enjoy? Look at the way other people live. Is that lifestyle really what you want?
- Consider the features of your land. Where is the sunlight best? Which direction offers the greatest views and the cooling breezes?
- Select exterior finishing details with care. Know if you’ll be building in an gated community and locality may restrict exterior modifications or designs.
- Browse through building design catalogs for ideas. You don’t have to buy existing plans, but these will help you visualize possibilities
- Select a floor plan that most closely matches your ideal. Do you need any adjustments?
- Estimate your building costs. Your budget will determine many choices you make in the design of your home.
- Consider hiring an architect to personalize your building plan, or to create a custom design.
[email protected] HPD Consult