Parts of Gate Valve Plus Top 5 Functions
Parts of Gate Valve Plus Functions
Parts of Gate Valve
What Are Gate Valves?
Gate valves are valves that operate by lifting of a round or rectangular gate out of the path of the fluid. This valves facilitates only unidirectional flow, but unlike globe valves they give a full bore flow to the fluid. The round or wedge shaped ring is known a gate as it moves in a perpendicular direction to the flow of the fluid.
Functions of Parts of Gate Valve
Valve serve a various function within the piping system. They include:
- Stopping and starting a fluid flow. Depending on whether a valve is open or closed, it let pass the process fluid or halt the fluid.
- Throttling the fluid flow. Some of the valves let you throttle the fluid depending open % of total opening. Lesser the opening higher the throttling and otherwise.
- Controlling the direction of a fluid flow. Multiport valve lets you decide the way fluid will go.
- Regulating a flow or pressure within the piping system. Some of the automatic control valves maintain the flow and pressure within the system by adjusting opening and closing.
- Relieve pressure or vacuum from the piping system and equipment. Pressure and vacuum relief valve safeguard the process system from overpressure and during vacuum condition.